The Build Back Better webinar series is designed to engender health system resilience by promoting agenda-setting conversations among policy makers, donor agencies, Civil Society and professional bodies. The webinar series will foster policy dialogues that will help to collate lessons learned and insights that have implications for health system resilience in Nigeria.
The maiden edition of the webinar series will elucidate policy options that can stimulate health financing transition in Nigeria and examine stumbling blocks to effective and efficient financing of the health sector. The webinar will also attempt to bring the role of central budget agencies under spotlight and kick start enduring conversations that will spur the likes of Ministries of Finance and Ministries of Budget and Economic Planning to prioritize health spending and improve collaboration to enhance efficiency of spending for better health outcomes.
DGI Consult and LISDEL held the maiden edition of the “Build Back Better Webinar Series” on Tuesday, July 7, 2020. Moderated by Dr Olumide Okunola, from World Bank/ IFC, it had over 100 participants in attendance. It was a very interactive session where the panelists discussed on the theme: The Role Public Finance in Fostering Health System Resilience in the Context of COVID-19. The panelists included:
- Yemi Dipeolu – Special Adviser to the President on Economic Matters in the Office of the Vice President of Nigeria
- Ben Akabueze: Director General, Budget Office of the Federation
- Muhammed Gambo Magaji: Hon. Commissioner for Finance, Gombe State
- Tomi Coker: Hon. Commissioner for Health, Ogun State
- Rob Yates: Executive Director, Centre for Universal Health, Chatham House UK
- Benson Obonyo: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation