DGI Consult was engaged by the Nigeria Governor’s Forum (NGF) to develop an electronic platform to track and visualize health and other socio-economic indicators on behalf of the team. The activities carried out on this assignment include:
- Conducted a deep dive analysis of the available budget documents to
- Compute state-specific key health indices such as budget allocation/release to health, trend in health allocation/release to specific programs etc.
- Identify gaps and concerns in terms of budget allocation (allocation efficiency) and fund releases
- Produced guidance documents directed to the Governors that will help them and senior policy makers, promote best practices in health budgeting, tracking of funds release and fund utilization
- Held feedback and validation sessions with the State Commissioners of Budget and Health
- Produced a report of the assignment