Job Title: Media and Communication Specialist
Development Governance International (DGI) Consult is a purpose-driven governance, research, and institutional capacity-strengthening consulting firm. We implement health systems strengthening-related development projects in at least fifteen states in Nigeria with funding from a wide array of donor agencies and government institutions. DGI Consult provides organizational capacity strengthening technical assistance to State Primary Health Care Agencies (SPHCAs) and State Social Health Insurance Agencies (SSHIAs) under the USAID LHSS project in three states in Nigeria, implements the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) project with funding from Christian Aid in Nasarawa State and the Federal Capital Territory, and provides technical support to Yobe, Gombe and Nasarawa State Social Health Insurance Schemes to strengthen their policy, operational and institutional frameworks. DGI Consult also implements the facility and financial management capacity building stream of work under the USAID IHP project in FCT and provides Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) on human resources for health assessment and health financing diagnostics such as fiscal space analysis, political economy analysis, and public financial management assessment, including costing and financial modelling.
The Media and Communication Specialist will create and execute a highly effective communication strategy that will promote DGI’s activities and thought leadership products, foster productive engagement with our target audience, and drive substantial traffic to our digital platforms.
a) Content Creation
- Create compelling and impactful content, including text, images, graphics, videos, and infographics, that effectively communicate the organization’s initiatives, achievements, and impact.
- Ensure the content adheres to brand guidelines and resonates with a diverse global audience.
b) Communication Strategy Development
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission, objectives, and target audience.
- Identify key messages, communication channels, and tactics to maximize the impact of our projects and initiatives.
c) Event Media Management
- Manage media activities during workshops, webinars, and policy dialogues. This entails coordinating media coverage and ensuring that DGI Consult’s key messages are effectively conveyed to the media and the public.
- Post live tweets and updates and share event highlights on various social media platforms to maximize event visibility and engagement.
d) Social Media Management
- Manage and maintain DGI’s social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other relevant platforms.
- Foster meaningful engagement with our target audience, respond to comments and messages promptly, and encourage user-generated content.
e) Knowledge Management Product Design
- Develop and design knowledge management products such as educational materials, reports, policy briefs, e-newsletters, and other knowledge-sharing tools to showcase our expertise and thought leadership activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or any other related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in media management, preferably in the development sector
- Expertise in various social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Strong content creation skills, including graphic design, video editing, and writing.
- Experience with social media analytics tools and the ability to interpret data
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Self-motivated, creative, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with high proficiency in spoken and written English language
Application Closing Date
18th August 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a CV and cover letter detailing suitability for the job in a single document with ‘Media and Communication Specialist’ as the subject to: email@example.com