Job title: Senior Program Officer
Development Governance Consult (DGI Consult) is a purpose-driven governance and institutional capacity strengthening consulting firm. Strong belief in the centrality of robust governance systems, innovations, and leadership to solving development challenges across sectors forms the core of our company’s philosophy. Guided by this philosophy and driven by evidence for decision-making, DGI Consult delivers state-of-the-art technical assistance and program management through seasoned staff and a network of local and international consultants.
DGI Consult is an Implementing Entity for the Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) stream of the USAID-funded TB LON project in 11 states where the firm leads budget advocacy and integration of TB into health insurance benefits packages. DGI Consult also implements the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) project with funding from Christian Aid in Nasarawa State and provides technical support to State Social Health Insurance Schemes to strengthen their policy, operational and institutional frameworks. The firm also provides Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) on health financing diagnostics such as fiscal space analysis, political economy analysis, and public financial management assessment.
Purpose of Role
The Senior Program Officer will provide a combination of technical assistance and cross-cutting coordination support for the implementation and monitoring of DGI Consult’s projects. The Senior Program Officer will also provide technical leadership and mentoring support to Project Officers and other members of the program team. The position will be based in Abuja Nigeria with periodic travels to project states.
- Facilitate effective and timely implementation of ongoing project tasks and deliverables and coordinate activities of the state teams;
- Provide technical support on the design and implementation of health financing diagnostics STTA such as Fiscal Space Analysis, Public Financial Management, and Expenditure Tracking;
- Support the Project Officers to write high quality monthly and quarterly reports across project portfolios;
- Make technical inputs to proposal writing and other activities of the Business Development Unit;
- Facilitate seminars, webinars, and other thought leadership activities of the organization including project-wide sharing of technical materials and insights;
- Contribute to the process of synthesis and documentation of lessons learned and success stories;
- Represent the organization at meetings with stakeholders, funding agencies, and civil society; and
- Perform other official duties as instructed by the Program Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced degree (minimum MSc/MPH) in health economics, public health, public policy, or equivalent, and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Prior working experience in health system strengthening or health financing in Nigeria is preferable
- Familiarity with the government planning and budgeting process
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to write high-quality reports, strategy documents, and knowledge management products
- Excellent presentation skill
- Strong conceptual and research skills with the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations
- Proven planning, networking, team-building, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Application Closing Date
30th April 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a CV and cover letter detailing suitability for the job in a single document with Senior Program Officer as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org